Sunday, November 29, 2009

Wednesday @ MC Cafe

As I promised  it was time to visit one of the most popular cafe's and I do not tell a lie !!!!


Once upon a mid-week evening me and my lovely girlfriend decided to go grab a coffee and some pasties at the closest McCafe' (which for me it's the airport one)

Now I'm not gonna actually review this place as it's so commercial that I'm' sure that everyone went and will continue to go anyways.

So instead I'm just gonna tell what we took and what I liked and didn't :)




As usual the place was packed, but we still managed to find a comfy place where to sit nonetheless.

Then I approached the Cafe' bar and felt really undecided about what I was gonna choose as there is quite a lot to choose from.

Finally it came down to 3 things, a nocciola conciglia, which is displayed below, and two different cookies.




The nocciola conciglia is basically made up of a light pastry filled with nocciola and covered with icing sugar - it's very similar to a croissant. The conciglia was served cold and eventhough my girlfriend thought that it would have been much, much better if served warm she liked it, on the other hand I didn't, simply because the taste was very, very ordinary.

The cookies I decided to take were 1 with white chocolate chips and another one chocolate with chocolate chips, which you can view below:
 
 

As you can see from the pic above the cookies are quite large and as you can determine yourselves both taste differently.

The white one for example, is really, really good, especially if you crave really sweet types of food.

In contrast, the chocolate one was too chocolaty in the sense that - I've had chocolate chip cookies before but this was utter chocolate like having a chocolate bar that crumbles easier because it's made from cookie dough.

However it was all worth it as it's quite affordable (9 euros including 2 coffees) with a good and efficient quality McDonalds normally delivers, not forgetting the really cool and modern look this place has.

Hope you try the deserts I mentioned - until next time cya :)


No comments:

Post a Comment